Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Welcome to English 9!

Welcome back!  I hope you had a wonderful summer break and are looking forward to the possibilities of the school year ahead.  I plan to regularly post what is going on in class so that students and parents can keep on top of assignments/tests etc.  Plan to check this blog regularly for updates, helpful links, and resources as well as upcoming dates.

Sept 5th - Welcome to English 9

Today we had a chance to introduce ourselves to each other, learned the location of important places in the classroom and went over what to expect this year.

Get ready for Silent Reading/Independent Novels by choosing/finding a novel that you're interested in reading.  All students are expected to read for 30 minutes a day...keep in mind that this is in addition to any Silent Reading at school.  Remember that your job this year is to improve your reading and writing skills; daily practice is essential.

The first 5 students to to post a comment on this blog after 3pm today who identify their favourite novel will be awarded a bonus mark on the first quiz this term (date tba).  You must state your first and last name in order to enter...post a comment, indentify your favourite novel after 3pm today the first 5 do do so will receive a bonus mark!

6 comments:

  1. My name is Kevin Johnson
    This is a very nice blog you have Ms. Reichert
    My favorite novel at this time would be: Battlefield 3
    (I'm follow what you said about posting at 2:30pm or later because that's what you said in class.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ms. Reichert!

    My name is Sonya Wong from block 1-4.
    This is a really cool blog Ms. Reichert(I especially like the background painting of books because there are a lot of colours).
    My favourite novel so far would be "Elixir" by Hilary Duff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Frankie Lam
    This Blog looks very organized. (A lot more than my room)
    My favorite book is the first book from the Infernal Devices series: Clockwork Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is Selena Ho :)
    I like how I can keep updated on your blog.
    My favorite book is divergent by Veronica Roth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi it's Jaya Gill
    I think your blog with be very useful throughout the school year!
    My favorite book is Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello it's Arjun Boury from bLock 1-4.
    You have an interesting blog, that'll come to use.
    My favorite book is LIFE OF PI!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete